Privacy & Cookie Statement Safe.Shop
Through its service Safe.Shop, a trade name of Ecommerce Operations B.V. will process privacy-sensitive or personal data. Safe.Shop values the privacy of its customers and observes due care in processing and protecting personal data.
During the processing, we stick to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation. This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy Statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
Ecommerce Operations B.V. is the party responsible for all data processing. In this privacy statement, we will explain which personal data we collect and for which purposes. We recommend that you read it carefully.
This privacy statement was last amended on 14 September 2017.
Use of Personal Data
By using our service, you are providing certain data to us. This could be personal data. We retain and use the personal data provided directly by you or for which it is clear that it has been supplied to us to be processed.
We use the following data for the purposes as mentioned in this Privacy Statement:
- name and address;
- company telephone number;
- mobile number;
- email address;
- language & currency preference;
- company name;
- company address;
- Chamber of Commerce number;
- VAT number;
- Association membership;
- Webshop URL, name and related information;
- details about the services provided to you by Safe.Shop;
- in addition, if you are a consumer: the name of a webshop about which you file a complaint, and the content of your complaint;
- any other personal data which you provide to us via e-mail, a chat message, or contact form.
Certain features of our service require you to register beforehand. After your registration, we will retain your user name and the personal data you provided. We will retain this data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website, to contact you in connection with the execution of the agreement, invoicing and payment, and to provide an overview of the products and services you have purchased from us.
We will not provide the data linked to your user name to third parties, unless it is necessary for the execution of the agreement you concluded with us or if this is required by law. In the event of suspicion of fraud or misuse of our website, we may hand over personal data to the entitled authorities.
Access to portal
Within our portal, you can access a management environment where you can set, specify and change settings. For example, you can modify your personal data, or change your preferences for the services of Safe.Shop.
If you have an account, we can inform you about new services by e-mail or per phone.
Contact Form and Newsletter
We have a newsletter to inform those interested of our products and/or services. Each newsletter contains a link with which to unsubscribe from our newsletter. Your e-mail address will be added to the list of subscribers only with your explicit consent. You can unsubscribe at any time (this does not affect the legality of our processing of your e-mail address before you revoked your consent).
Publication of Personal Data
If you publish an article, review or any other kind of information on Safe.Shop, we may publish your name linked to this content, if you have given your consent for this. You can revoke your consent at any time (this does not affect the legality of the publication before you revoked your consent).
Providing Data to Third Parties
We may provide your data to our partners. These partners are involved in the execution of the agreement. These partners may be based outside the EU. If this is the case, we conclude agreements with these parties, about how they handle personal data. These agreements are concluded ensure that the transfer of your data outside the EU is allowed under EU privacy rules.
We make use of the following partners:
- reCaptcha: we use the reCaptcha service offered by Google to verify that someone who fills out a contact form is a human being and not a robot (by asking you to tick a box);
- payment service providers;
- certification partners;
- providers of security checks;
- providers of financial checks;
- providers of checks for fake products on your website;
- affiliate networks;
- ecommerce, digital and internet associations;
- consumer protection agencies;
- (inter)national postal services;
- marketing partners;
- web designers;
- web developers;
- parties providing e-mail marketing.
If so required by law we may disclose your personal information in connection with any legal proceedings or to the extent necessary in order to establish, exercise or defend Safe.Shop's (legal) rights.
Retention of personal data
When you create an account, we retain your account details for the duration of your contract with us.
When you subscribe to the newsletter, we retain your data until you unsubscribe from the newsletter.
If you fill out a contact form on the website or send us an e-mail, the data you provide will be retained for as long as is necessary depending on the nature of the form or the content of your e-mail, to fully answer and correctly handle your message or e-mail, and three months after that in order to handle any additional questions.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to track visitors on our website and to get reports about how visitors use the website.
- GA Audiences: We, and third parties, use GA Audiences to collect information about your click and surf behaviour, in order to show personalised advertisements.
- DoubleClick: We, and third parties, use DoubleClick to collect information about your click and surf behaviour, in order to show personalised advertisements.
- Google AJAX Search API: We use the Google AJAX Search API in order to allow you to conduct searches on our website. We collect search terms in order to analyse and improve our services.
- Awin: Awin (former company name Zanox) is an affiliate network. Its services allow us to track from which affiliate sites visitors are coming and if these visitors order at Safe.Shop. In case of the later we offer these affiliate sites a commission as reward.
- Hubspot: Is a B2B lead generation tool which we use to collect information about your click and surf behaviour, in addition we use forms from Hubspot upon that you can register for our newsletter and download our content and reports. We use Hubspot to approach you via email and phone with commercial offers.
We collect this information to learn which companies are visiting our website, and may use this information to approach these companies to discuss if they are interested in the services of Safe.Shop.
Google is established in the United States. It is a Privacy Shield participant, meaning that the transfer of personal data to this company is allowed under EU privacy rules.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- access to personal data requires the use of a user name and password;
- access to personal data requires the use of a user name and login token;
- after receipt, the data will be stored in a separate system;
- we take physical measures to protect access to the systems in which the personal data is stored;
- we make use of secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer of SSL) to encrypt all information between you and our website when entering your personal data;
- we keep logs of all requests for personal data.
This statement is not applicable to third-party websites connected to this website through links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a secure and careful manner. We recommend you read these websites’ privacy statements before making use of these websites.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you review this statement regularly, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Your Rights relating to your Personal Data
You have the right to request for inspection, correction or deletion of your personal data. You can also object against the processing of your personal data, or request a restriction of the processing.
You can request a copy of your data in a usual, machine-readable format, in order to transfer your data to another organization. If you want to do so, please use the contact information below.
If you are of the opinion that we process your personal data in violation of applicable privacy laws and regulations, you can let us know via the contact details below, we will duly handle your complaint. If you are of the opinion that we do not deal with your complaint correctly, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
Please feel free to contact us at:
1115 AH Duivendrecht
Email: service (at) safe.shop
Phone: +31 20 238 6081 (standard international fees apply).