Consumers are growing more and more critical when it comes to online shopping. With so many options out there, why wouldn’t they be? So it stands to reason that online shops are fighting hard to stand out from the crowd. One tool in this battle is the customer review.
But let's looks at some recent facts around consumer reviews online. When looking at the Netherlands in 2017, the online channels user's choice vary widely from comparison websites, online stores, the manufacture website and social media. When it comes to what consumers find important when seeing consumer reviews, the score, age of review and amount of reviews rate highly.
Why should you get reviews for your online store?
- Reviews are often a core part of a consumers buying decision.
- When it comes to finding anything on the internet, Google is the first port of call for most people. It also happens to be a very popular location to find review, with 6 out of 10 consumers using the service.
- Consumers reviews are shifting in tone. Instead of being a place where consumers air their grievances, it is now a place to reward an online shop for a job well done.
- You can turn a bad experience into a positive – and not just for that customer. A recent survey stated that if a company actively responds to negative reviews, 45% of consumers would be more likely to visit the website.
- A staggering 86% of consumes read reviews (rising to 95% of people aged between 18 and 34).
- Having a large volume of review (good and bad) will mean a higher conversion rate. Seems odd at first, but having that mix reduces the suspicion that these are manufactured reviews, pushing the authority of your store higher.
Sometimes it can seems like a headache to implement reviews. But customer reviews are a golden opportunity that cannot be missed. Customers expect them, and they can push your conversion to new heights.
Want to learn more about how consumers use reviews? Check out our 'Consuming Review' report!