There are different kinds of cookies such as strictly necessary cookies, targeting cookies or functionality cookies, each with diverse objectives.
Definition of Cookie statement: A cookie statement explains users the cookies you will place in their browser when the consumer visits your webshop. In most countries the user must have the option to choose whether to accept the cookies or not.
Which elements does a cookie statement content?:
- If the cookies are essential or if they are only used for performance purposes
- The types of cookies they use (to identify users, to collect information etc.)
- Who controls or accesses the cookie information
- How users can withdraw consent
- Finally, that the cookies will not be used for different purposes than the ones agreed by the user