Review System Standards
The Review System can distinguish between web shop reviews that are entered by a person that has been identified as a customer of that web shop (Identified Reviews) and reviews that are entered by a person who claims to have made a purchase but whose purchase cannot be verified by the system/process of the Review System.
For users of the Review System (both Merchants as well as consumers), identified reviews can be distinguished from non-identified reviews.
Reviews, be they positive, neutral or negative, are all presented in an identical matter.
The Review System has a process in place in which it identifies fraudulent reviews. Fraudulent reviews are reviews that are clearly not entered by a customer of the Merchant. Fraudulent reviews are for example entered by a competitor of the Merchant or the Merchant itself.
Identified reviews of a web shop are not to be removed or modified by either Merchant nor Review System unless:
- The review placer by writing confirms modification or removal of his review by the Merchant or Review System or modifies/removes the review itself.
- The review without a doubt does not state the truth or does in no way refer to the Merchant services.
- The review contains one or more of the following elements:
- Hyperlinks or advertorial content
- Bad language, discriminatory content
- Punishable and otherwise illegal content
- Hazardous content towards minors
- Content that glorifies violence
- Personal data of the customer, Merchant employees or others
- Content which is removed must be marked upon that it is clear to readers that content has been removed (for example by using ### or *** characters). The remainder of the review is left as much as possible intact. Only if the review has no content left after removal of the illegal content may the review be removed.
- The review is entered multiple times by the same person (double reviews). In this case the double reviews may be removed (the last review should remain).
- The review is fraudulent.
The Review System offers the Merchant a process to contact the review placer in order to discuss a review. The Review Placer has no obligation to respond. Nonresponse may not be seen as an approval to remove of modify a review.
At the moment the following review systems are compliant with the baseline standards: